Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Why is my baby-fine hair so tangly, despite everything I've tried?

My baby-fine hair becomes tangled within 10 minutes after I brush it. I use Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Shampoo and Conditioner, an ionic/ceramic hair brush, I never apply heat to it, I never let swimming pool water touch it, It's never been dyed, I wash and condition it as needed and trim it as needed. I sleep on satin pillow cases. I only rub in one direction when I wash it, and I never towel-dry or blow dry on the hot setting. I have tried kid's detangling spray, salon detangling spray, using a wide-toothed comb in the shower to spread the conditioner, putting my hair up at night, putting my hair in a braid, and leave-in conditioners. I only use the best shampoo. I do use a little more conditioner than average, because my hair is longer. Despite this, I still get tangles within 10 minutes of brushing. The tangling isn't extreme but very persistent and annoying. Help! Also, is Crisco safe to use? I have Psoriasis on my scalp, so I thought it might help, since special shampoos dont. Thanks



Why is my baby-fine hair so tangly, despite everything I've tried?

The only thing I can suggest is something you probably don't want to hear---cut it.



I went through the same thing but I didn't take drastic measures like you did. The only thing that made it better was to cut it.



The good news is, as I get older it doesn't seem to tangle as bad.



Why is my baby-fine hair so tangly, despite everything I've tried?

wow...you are my kind of client...



sounds like you listen to directions........



first off.............that shampoo and condtioner is CRAP.



for a number of reasons.... but just trust me......



it is.



First off you need to get yourself a SULFATE -FREE shampoo.... and you need to do that yesterday. There is SLS in that Shampoo and that not only will irritate your psoriasis but it will also encourage tangles.



There is a list of sulfate-free shampoos on my hair blog... but my top 2 are:



PUREOLOGY- purple bottle



KENRA - Platinum Sulfate-Free Line Shampoos



i DO NOT RECOMMEND DAILY CONDITIONERS to my clients....that step is just a marketing ploy by shampoo manufacturers....my gig is......if you need detangling AFTER shampoo....then either get KENRA's SPRAY detangler..or .Wella's LIQUID HAIR Reconstructor ( this is the one that sounds the best for you) ......



and then you need a spray Silicone Serum to keep it calmed down..... This 3rd step i think will truly help your dillemma....I put a list of I think 10 Serums on the blog..... on one post.... Off the top of my head you need the RUSK brand in the coral bottle........that one would be perfect for you.



( I have fine- tangly hair as well)



the shampoo thing is super important....do it today.



Your biggest mistake?



Not coloring your hair.



BUT NOT DO IT YOURSELF color. The really good color that you can get done at a good Salon by a top colorist.



if you cannot afford that then you need to be taking my pro Home Hair Colorist Course....online.... on my HAIR BLOG....so that you can learn the proper way to color your hair at home........



if you have ever seen a hair magnified 200 times BEFORE color is applied and then AFTER color is applied then you would never NOT have color in your hair again.



Especially YOUR type of hair...........



Fine hair does not have much PIGMENT in it and that is why it is so damn notty and tangle -eey,( now I do not mean make it lighter....there is a difference here)...coloring hair to a Colorist means making it the same color or darker.



Here's the Blog:



killerstrands.blogspot.com



any questions you are more than welcome to email me....

No comments:

Post a Comment