Thursday, April 26, 2012

Damage from hair straightener! What am I doing wrong?

I am addicted to my hair straightener. Perhaps my mistake was using it at the highest temperature setting (450), but my formerly healthy hair is suffering from split ends and breakage--even after I just got an inch trimmed off! I am a little confused as to why it got so damaged...my straightener is one of the expensive tourmaline ones, I always use a thermal protectant spray plus now I've added in a ceramic protectant oil...I'm scared to keep straightening and have all of my hair break off but it looks god awful when I let it go natural.



What should I do? My stylist recommended a deep conditioner by Rusk and the ceramic oil, but neither is making much of a difference. Can I keep straightening? The frustrating thing is that straightening was the only thing that made my hair look nice...I was finally happy with it and trying to grow it out and now all this breakage. Help!



Damage from hair straightener! What am I doing wrong?

well. it matters on how long you've been straightening your hair. if you do everyday, its going to get damged- no matter if you use protectant spray or not. i wouldent use rusk, its not that great.



i have really thin, fine, hair so my hair starts showing off damage after about two days of straighhtening, and i also want to grow out my hair. so what i do is i dont press the straightener hard on my hair, but go over it a two or three times. then use hairspray. and try to air dry, because that is soo much healthier for your hair. it will help out alot.



Also be sure to get your split ends cut off once a month, maybe more. cause if you dont, the split ends get larger and larger. that may be why you had to cut a inch off.



Damage from hair straightener! What am I doing wrong?

u can wash your bangs without washing your hair. do as your stylist says or you will ruin your hair. you can buy a product called "no rinse" that you can use to shampoo your hair without causing any bad reactions. it is what NASA uses with their astronauts



Damage from hair straightener! What am I doing wrong?

Try getting your hair thermal straightened at a salon. They put a chemical thing on it for ten minutes then rinse it out and then blow dry and straighten your hair. It usually costs anywhere from $600-$1000 expensie yes but it lasts anywhere from 6 months to a year depending on how curly your hair is.



Damage from hair straightener! What am I doing wrong?

You Should Try Blowing Out Your Hair Instead.



Damage from hair straightener! What am I doing wrong?

You need to deep condition it and also apply serum to ur hair before u straighten it to protect it. Good luck!



Damage from hair straightener! What am I doing wrong?

First of all Rusk is not that great. You need to change hairstylist. The same thing happened to me but my hair person wanted to sale me more products to make money and sold me really over priced crap.



I changed to this other lady and my hair is like a baby's butt so soft and smooth.



She did a vitamin treatment on my hair to recover it, she also did other stuff but not important for your case.



I use the Chi product that you put in your palm after every wash because I to wash my hair daily but I switch between a Paul Mitchel shampoo and a couple of different conditioners, I then change using either an Aveda shampoo and conditioner or Matrix the kind that you use to straightener your hair more(use this one to two times a week but not anymore than that because it will become drying to your hair.



Also, she introduced me to a product by Revlon called Pearl which is amazing if your water causes damage to your hair which mine does so I use this on an as needed basis but it to puts some amazing moisture in my hair. Another great product but pretty pricey is Bumble and Bumble number 4 orange number I use that toward the end of my time to go back to the salon when my hair starts becoming harder to fix it is magic and my very favorite.



Happy Hair!!! You deserve it. Also, I went from spending a fortune at my old hair salon to spending 1/2 as much at my new salon which is JCPenney Hair Salon in Frisco, Texas I am so thankful to have found her she saved my brittle hair. The products are so inexpensive and are not a cheap product which you should stay away. They always have buy 2 get one free or half off stuff like that and it isn't Rusk which is BAD! Stay away from any products which have Alcohol listed in ingred. if possible esp for your shampoo and conditioners



Damage from hair straightener! What am I doing wrong?

hey, i know how you must feel. I was having the same problem before. I would suggest u get ur hair permanently straighten, try going to an asian hair salons and ask for a "rebonding". it's unlike straight perms which would have damaged ur hair, trust me.



or if u cant find the hair "rebonding" system in ur town, try using moisturising shampoo %26amp; conditioner. 'Kerastase Bain de Force' and 'Ciment anti-usure' are great, but a little expensive.



Also, it helps a lot to apply deep-in conditioner once a week. I use "Kerastase age recharge". You can try either that or "Kerastase vita-cement". use it after washing ur hair %26amp; drying with towels, and leave it on for 1 hour or the longer the better, then make sure u rinse thoroughly. You have to do it regularly though, once every week. This really helps.



uhmm.. also don't straighten when your hair is still wet?



use hair serums on the bottom half of your hair when it is still wet. i use kerastase oleo relax, that's a good one.



ohh.. i also drink hair vitamins.. mine's called "perfectil" (to be taken after main meal).



A high quality flat iron is a must!! make sure it has thin ceramic plates. 1 inch plate gives u much better control and straightens better.



i hope that helps %26gt;,%26lt;



don't worry about washing your hair everyday as long as you take care of it properly. i wash my hair everyday too, i like my hair to smell good ^o^

No comments:

Post a Comment